“Books are keys to wisdom treasure
Books are gates to lands of pleasure
Books are paths that upward lead
Books are friends, come let us read”
Library is a primary resource center and is considered to be the heart of an educational institution. Our college library not only satiates the appetite for knowledge but also creates a hunger for more.
College has two libraries of which the central library is located at ground floor (3030 sq ft) and the Departmental library for professional courses is on the third floor (998 sq ft) for the convenience and easy accessibility of the various users.
College Libraries are well equipped with one of the best libraries with a collection more than 26,000 books of both Indian & foreign reference books, text books, reports, dictionaries, encyclopedia, yearbooks, and bound volumes of journals and 30 Journals and Magazines which covers the subject matter on Economics, Banking, Management Accounts, Advertising, General Knowledge etc. 15 News Papers of Regional languages are also available in libraries. In addition library has a collection of CD ROMs, previous years question papers, and syllabus copies etc. It gives access to an exclusive, latest and rich collection of resources to all the users in the college.
Staff: The college library is now having space to accommodate additional resources as well as appropriate for study, learning and research. The library is containing efficient and pleasant work space for the teaching staff as well as for the library staff.
Library staff provides significant attention to college staff, alumni, faculty and student. A standard source which is necessarily important such as printed journals and magazines, back volumes in addition conference papers, reports are also available.
The college libraries are offers its services practically throughout the year during all working days. It remains open from 7.00am to 5.00pm.
The library has provided the following additional services:
- E-Corner Internet service: We have an E-Corner with free internet facility which is a supporting system to the user to complete their project work/assignments & for getting more detailed information on various topics.
- Book bank service: Needy and deserving students were provided with a set of text books under the Annual Book Bank scheme. allotment of book sets under Book Bank Scheme for the needy and deserving students who have applied of FY, SY and TYB Com.
- Issue back volumes Journals /Periodicals
- Periodicals service and home lending facility
- Reference service
- Inter library loan- We provide facility of inter library loan in a co-operative efforts for the users, this facility is available on request.
- Display of newly arrival books list
- Computerized library services with library software - Library is fully computerized with MICM Library Management Software.
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) Library has OPAC centre for users’ reference to check availability and accessibility of books with the help of search option.
- User orientation programs for all the students of first year
- “My Career Guide Line” for different course information
- Annual Book Exhibition: As a well stocked library is the backbone of higher education. The college gives it utmost importance. It gave the students & staffs an opportunity of selecting books of their own interest. Book exhibition exposes the teachers & the students to the latest books of their respective subjects & also brings latest fiction & general interest books to their vicinity & acts as stimulation for intellectual growth through reading. “Book lovers & library readers” enthrall at the annual book Exhibition cum sale.
- Knowledge Centre: Central Library has a special Internet connection of “Knowledge Centre” which has a large section of research and it allows sharing e-libraries and very large databases. The college library has stepped up its effects on subscribed to N- LIST (National Library and information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Contents) programme of INFLIBNET. This has provided the facility to the access a large number of e-resources to the students and staff throughout the year 24x7 faculty member as well as students who had registered their name for access this facility.
- Alumni Membership facility: Ex students will get this facility on request basis.
- Physical verification of library Stock: is undertaken every year.
- The digitization project is completed & updated. All previous years question papers of all exams and syllabus copies are available in soft as well as in hard format for the users.
- Scholars Cards to three topper students of each class.